Basking in the warm glow of the sun can be a delightful experience, but sometimes our enthusiasm for sunshine can lead to an uncomfortable aftermath – sunburn. Here are some way to help prevent sunburn and discover the incredible benefits of using a superfood like Aloe Vera to help heal and replenish your skin after sun exposure.
Prevention is the key to enjoying the sun safely. Here are some do’s and don’ts to help you avoid sunburn.
- Apply Sunscreen: Use a Natural sunscreen with at least SPF 30 and reapply every two hours or more frequently when swimming.
- Seek Shade: Take breaks from direct sun exposure.
- Wear protective clothing: Cover up with hats, sunglasses
- Skip on the sunscreen: Skipping on sunscreen not only caused you to get sunburnt but can also lead to your skin starting to show signs of early aging.
- Overexpose yourself: Limit your time in the sun.
The healing powers of Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera, known for its healing properties, can be a game changer in soothing sunburned skin. Here’s why it’s a must have in your after sun skincare routine.
Aloe Vera Benefits:
- Cooling sensation: Aloe Vera provides instant relief with its cooling sensation, easing the discomfort of sunburn.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: The plant’s anti-inflammatory compounds help to reduce redness and promote faster healing.
- Hydration: Sunburn often leads to dry, peeling skin, Aloe Vera’s high water content hydrates and moisturizes the skin, preventing excessive flaking.
To make the most of Aloe Vera’s benefits, use our Superfood Aloe Vera Repair Gel & Superfood Body Lotion, designed especially for post-sun care.
Apply Aloe Vera gel directly onto sunburnt skin and leave to soak into the skin and work its magic. Repeat multiple times throughout the day, follow with our Superfood Body Lotion made with Aloe Vera & Paw Paw to help moisturize the skin and remove any dry skin caused by sun exposure.